Friday, August 6, 2010

These Pictures..............




SAY A THOUSAND WORDS!!!! We are having a baby!!!

I was seven days late which I thought was odd but I kind of disregarded it. I peed on like 5 sticks and they were all negative! I called my cute nurse and told her the situation. She said "why don't you just come in and take a quick blood test, and we will get it back today to see what's going on." I went in took the test and began my waiting process. Those two hours passed so slowly! I hadn't heard from her so I called her back at 5:00 only to find out that her office had closed for the evening. I was dying!!! I didn't tell Jeff I went in for the blood test, which was so hard to keep secret from him! Anyways, the next morning I called at 9:00 am only to find out my nurse was off that day. I said is there anyone in the office who can give me my blood test results. She took my info and said she would have someone call me as soon as possible. Another hour went by and my mind was racing! I was sitting at my office computer writing an email when my phone rang, it was the doctors office....I quickly stood up and started pacing back and forth debating whether or not to answer. I was just so nervous! I answered and heard my nurses sweet voice on the other end. Before she could even really talk I said "I was debating about whether or not to answer this call, I have been so nervous and I feel like you are going to determine the rest of my life." She laughed and said "Lindsay you are PREGNANT!! Your test was completely positive! My eyes welled up with tears. I asked her if she could repeat herself because I wasn't sure if I heard her correctly. She did and I just started bawling, such a surreal feeling! I sat back in my office chair with a thousand thoughts running through my head. I couldn't wait to tell Jeff! After work I headed to Target to pick up a few things to help me tell him. I got everything ready only to have Jeff come home from the gym to tell me, "oh my sister wants us to come over." There was no time to tell him. I waited another 3 1/2 hours!! Literally I think this was the HARDEST thing in the world! We finally got home that night and I asked Jeff if he saw the shirt I brought back from Vegas for him. He said no so I said go grab the bag and he did. He opened it up and pulled out the onesie and bib, he looked at me with tears in his eyes and said "you are kidding me!!" We freaked out for a moment together and then were calm again! We laid awake all night talking about "our baby." It was like Christmas Eve as a little kid, you know too excited to sleep!! We are so thrilled for this baby to come! The date on the bib is quite wrong. My nurse had given me the wrong date due to a calculation error. Our baby will be here on February 10, 2011.

17 comments:

Emily and Alan said...

Yay! We are so happy for you guys and cannot wait to meet baby Snow!

Copinga's said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you guys!! It's such a fun time. Hope you are feeling well. Hope to see you soon :).

al + sar said...

Wahoo!! Love you guys!!

Larsens said...

Congrats you guys!! Yay that is such a fun thing! You will love it congrats!

Kristen said...

I am so happy for you guys! You will make beautiful babies and great parents!

Brooke and Josh said...

Congats again. We are so excited for you guys!

Justin and Lindsey Neumann said...

Wahhhoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS GUYS! I have tears in my eyes reading this. You two are going to be the most fun and amazing parents ever. So so happy for you:) Love ya!

Lisa and Oliver said...

CONGRATS!! So So exciting!

Becky said...

Oh this story!! Classic! I don't know how you kept it in so long from Jeff.... I would have been bursting at the seams probably like you were.

So excited for the both of you!!! You are going to have one cute baby!

Brando and Annie said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I hope your feeling good and not too sick! Congrats again that's so exciting!!!!

Ashlee said...

CONGRATS!! I am so excited for you guys. You will be such good parents. There is nothing like the first baby so so so fun.

AlliSMiles said...

Yay! Congraulations! I hope you're feeling well.

Ferran Family said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting!! I am so happy for you guys.

Gleason's said...

That is wonderful, congratulations. So fun to hear your story. Get lots of sleep while you can.

the taylors said...

That is the best story, and definitely one you will never forget, it brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations! This is such a fun and amazing time!

Kristin Morgan said...

YAY!!!

The Theler's said...

Congrats.... Im so happy for you. Lexi was born Feb.9th. Its a great time to have a baby. HOpe all is well. Anjuli