Finally Jeff and I had the opportunity to go out and visit his family back East. We had a FABULOUS time! Virginia just might possibly be one of the prettiest places I have ever been! It was so GREEN! Thousands of trees surrounded each road and the Potomac River seemed to border everything. I fell in LOVE with the neighborhoods. Very colonial with HUGE yards, red brick, shutters ah! So fun! We were able to catch the red eye flight out of Salt Lake with a little layover before we landed in Dulles. We began our journey touring Mt. Vernon. We saw George Washington’s house, his bed (where he died HIS real bed), and we saw his and Martha’s guarded tombs. Friday we woke up early and took the Tour Mobile. We boarded at Arlington Cemetery, that place is incredible! At the cemetery we saw JFK’s burial site with the eternal flame, the changing of the guards, and the tomb of the unknown soldier. We found the changing of the guards to be quite fascinating! We then headed to the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, and the Vietnam Memorial (we found some of my Dad’s friends from the war on the wall who had passed away, very sweet). We spent the rest of the afternoon walking around DC enjoying the museums. That night Jeff’s cousin picked us up and took us around to see the White House. WOW! It was crazy to actually see it in real life. We met up with the whole crew for some yummy Italian dinner in Georgetown (very CHARMING place) and then headed to the Jefferson Memorial. We lucked out with great weather Thursday and Friday while we were touring, but then the rain had to hit on Saturday and then not stop ALL DAY!! Luckily we LOVE the Neumann family so much so we just had a great time hanging out! They took us for a short venture to Great Falls which quickly ended because of the great rain fall! This trip was amazing! What a great place to live, so much history! We learned a ton of interesting facts! Hopefully we can make it a tradition and go back each year. Thanks Neumann’s we had so much fun seeing all your homes and hanging out with you guys! WE MISS YOU!

















8 comments:
wow, it does look beautiful.
So fun. Justin and I saw a lot of the same stuff when we went there a few years ago! I love it over there too.
FUN! I am so jealous! You look so cute, I LOVE your hair right now!
I love back East...so green...and so much charm! Glad you guys had a blast and were able to visit Jeff's Fam!
P.S. I love your polka dot scarff!
I love Virginia!! It seriously is SO beautiful there!! I am glad you guys had an awesome time!! Can't wait to see you guys tonight!
xoxo
Yeah!.... you finally posted again!It looks like you guys had so much fun and what a fun time of year to go! you look darling too especially walking around the city! I always tend to look so dirty and yucky! We miss you guys! We need to get together soon!
Dan
So your pictures make me home sick!! :/ I wish I was out there when you guys went. You will have to go again when I'm there :) Sooooo are you in love with the east coast now?! I love it out there... you guys went at the BEST time of year. So jealous. Now you have experienced a true fall season. Glad you had a fun time.
So much fun Linds! I LOVE D.C. so much! We need to hang out soon. lOve ya
Post a Comment