Friday, April 23, 2010

I Couldn't Let Today Slip By....

Four years ago today I knew I was going to marry you! I am not sure why we didn’t ever go on a date once in those 9 years and I am still so confused as to how it all unfolded but none the less I am very grateful it is you standing next me! That was the best “first date – hang out as just friends” I have ever been on. I loved that I devoured my food as you picked at your nasty nachos, I loved that you put your arms around mine to help me with that perfect golf swing, I love that you were so scared to sneak in to the hot tubs and I grabbed your hand and made you do it, I loved driving down the canyon with your alarm system going off – I think you were a little embarrassed but all I could do was laugh, I love that we watched Just Friends, and I love how I can say I only have ever kissed one person on a first date and that was you!! I went home that night giddy as can be! I ran down the stairs jumped on Whit’s bed and told her I was going to marry you! She just sat up and laughed at me but then shared in my excitement! Thank you for being you and thank you for making my life so special! I don’t think I will ever forget one detail about that night seeing how I replay it in my head quite often. I love you so very much!! I hope you are thinking of me on this day too!

Love Lindsay Bear


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was one of the best days of my life!! Four Years ago, that is so crazy. Now look where we are!! All we need is a couple of kids! ha ha. Love you babe.

P.S. you most certainly did kiss me that night! TOM CAT!

the driggs said...

You guys are SO cute!!! Love you both very much!! Linds you need to change your blog saying that now you have a mortgage!! ha..ha..
SO happy for you guys and your new home:) Can't wait for the party there on the 5th!! xoxo

Kristen said...

Oh how cute! That was so fun to read! You guys are darling. Is that picture you posted on that very day?
I love it!

al + sar said...

So cute. You guys are so perfect for each other!

Anonymous said...

And boy am I glad you went on that date 4 years ago! I don't know what Matt and I would do without both of you! And Linds, you KNOW I couldn't survive without you :). Congrats on making it this far, I know we will have many great years to come! Love you so so much!

Lots of love,
Brittany

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest post. I love you guys! Can't wait to see the new home. LOVES

The Perry's said...

you guys look so young... congrats! Four years- impressive!